Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, May 7, 2012

No Bad Words

Hola mi familia y mis amigos
 
Well, this week definitely marks one of the most special baptisms I've ever been to.  A few months ago, a member from the ward (local congregation) mentioned to my companion, Elder Torres, that a new family had moved in to the apartment next to them.  Elder Torres and his companion stopped by and the family invited them in.  There are nine of them total, two sisters and their 7 children (one has six and the other has one).  This past weekend all seven that were old enough for baptism (over the age of eight) were baptized.  The best moment for me was when after the baptisms, during a talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost (go to mormon.org if you don't know what I mean by that), the 11 year old daughter started to cry.  And she is not the type of girl to cry.  She is a tough tom-boy.  But, she leaned over to me and said "I can't remember any bad words."  She had literally forgotten every bad word she knew (which were quite a few).  A few minutes later, while still crying, she leaned over and said, "I feel like a whole new person."  Wow.  This is a family with no husbands, only one job between the nine of them, but now has this gospel and this happiness in their lives.
 
Unfortunately I don't have much time this week.  My companion leaves to go home to Mexico on Wednesday so we've been running around trying to get last minute things done all day.
 
Love all of you,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment