Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two Truths

Hola mis amigos y mi familia
 
Another week gone by here in the MTC.  My companion loves reminding us of how many days we've been here (22 for anyone who was wondering).  Advice for anyone planning on serving a mission: don't worry about the days.  Even though I've just barely begun, I've already been able to tell that the missionaries who spend all their time thinking about how the days gone by or the days left (or if they will get a letter tonight) typically have more problems with homesickness and aren't able to study as hard.
 
Nothing exceptional sticks out about this past week.  Everything seems like it just kind of blends together (I'm fairly certain God plays with time in the MTC whenever he needs a laugh.  Even our hour of gym time seems like it's three times longer than it actually is). 
 
So I've read enough missionary letters to know that they are normally boring (which I am guilty of).  And that they typcially end up feeling a little preachy or 99% testimony (which I am trying very hard to not be guilty of).  But today I do want to say this little speal (I have no idea how to spell that word).  One of the things I've thought a lot about for these past few weeks is what I know to be true for myself, what I know to be true because of trusted people telling me it's true, and what I simply want to be true.  There are more than few things I know to be true for myself, but two of them I know absolutely.  One, I (and all of you, and all of the world) have a Father in Heaven who loves us with a perfect and complete love.  It doesn't matter who we are, what we've done, or where we live.  He loves us.  He wants more than anything to help us and bless us.  And two, the Book of Mormon and the Bible contain the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Both are inspired of God.  Despite being less well known, the Book of Mormon is absolutely true.  I know it. 
 
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment