Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, October 1, 2012

Yet Another Miracle


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
 
Greetings from Mill Creek, Utah.
 
Well last week I wrote about Carina and Luis and was super excited about them.  But, we haven't been able to meet with them for a week so we don't know where that is going.  But fear not, because we had an amazing experience this week that shows just how well God knows each one of us.
 
A few weeks ago, our Bishop (head of our congregation) sent us to a family who are all members of our ward (congregation).  He told us to talk with them about people who we should visit.  The father of the family told us that he met two young boys outside his apartment the day before who were trying to sell smalls gadgets and stuff for money because their family on absolutely none.  We went by the house but no one was home.  We tried a few more times and eventually met the Grandfather of the family, Hector Trono.  We found out he and his family (daughter and three grandchildren) had just moved from Mexico to Utah.  He and his daughter were less active members of the Church who both needed the Gospel and healing power of Christ again.  His daughter, Isis, has a month year old baby girl.  Her other boys, Alfredo and Issac, are full of energy and loved church on Sunday.  Alfredo is 8 so we are helping him prepare to be baptized in the coming weeks. 
 
But the miracle didn't stop there:
 
We also met another daughter of Hector's last weekend.  She is also a less active member and she has three children.  As I was talking with her 10 year old son, he mentioned to me that he used to live in Georiga but didn't know where.  So I asked his mom what part of Georgia they were from.  She asked if I knew where Duluth was.  (I am from Duluth).  Then I asked her where in Duluth and she asked if I knew where State Bridge Road is.  (I live 45 seconds from State Bridge Road).  Then she asked if I knew where the Publix was.  (I live right behind the Publix).  She lived in the apartment complexes right next to my neighborhood.  Her daughter and son went to Medlock Bridge Elementary School, which is the same one that I went to. 
 
Tonight we are having a Family Home Evening (a weekly family night that most members of our Church do) with them.
 
There are three things that I have learned over and over again as a missionary:
1. Coincidences are Heavenly Father's way of staying annonymous.
2. Jesus Christ really can heal us from anything.
3. Heavenly Father really does have a perfect plan for us.
 
Maybe someone reading this is a mathmatician and can find out the odds of me finding the Trono Family, but I have a feeling that it's on the level of math that only Anna Qui can do (one of my best friends from high school). 
 
I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of us and is setting up a plan for each of us to return to him through His restored Gospel.
 
Love you all,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment