Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, November 26, 2012

Answered Prayers


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
 
One of two things is happen right now: God is listening to our prayers and helping Karina out, or God is tired of me and my companions taking so long so he is helping out big time.  
 
On Sunday night we went by Karina's to set up a teaching appointment for later in the week.  We decided to sing a Christmas Carol as they answered the door, and so they decided to just invite us in right then.  We asked Karina how we could help her as she progresses towards baptism.  As we began talking, her two boys, Juan Pablo and Brian, began to wrestle and fight, so I decided to start playing with them while my two companions talked with Karina (Pablo wasn't home).  They began to talk with Karina about how we can help but I wasn't paying attention at all.
 
A member of our congregation had given Karina a small statue of Christ and two little children, so I began looking at that and talking with Juan Pablo and Brian about Jesus.  I first asked five year old Brian what he thinks of when he thinks of Jesus.  He said something to the effect of "how he loves me and how I feel happy when I think about him."  Then I asked Juan Pablo.  His response...
 
"I had a dream about Jesus a few nights ago.  He was holding me and making sure my whole family was happy.  I know he loves me and wants me to be happy." 
 
During that same time period, Karina was telling my two companions a dream she had.  She had knelt down a few nights earlier and asked God if he wants her to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and if He did then if He would give her a dream to help her know. 
 
That same night she had a dream about her Aunt who passed away two years ago.  Her Aunt wasn't a very happy person later on in her life, but in the dream, she was happy and smiling.  She helped Karina understand that this is the path God wants for her. 
 
A few seconds after that, we invited Karina to be baptized and she said "Yes." 
 
Pablo is still very hesitant, but he says he will support Karina completely.  On Tuesday we are going to Temple Square with the whole family.  Please pray that the Holy Ghost will touch his heart and help him understand he can change and that this is the change God wants for him.
 
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment