Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, December 3, 2012

No Greater Joy


Hola mi familia y mis amigos
 
Karina was baptized on Sunday! (That is the first exclamation point I have put in an email...so let that be a sign of how wonderful this is because words don't really describe it).  Last tuesday evening, Elder Thevenin and I went to visit her.  She had told us last Sunday that she wanted to be baptized but didn't want to choose a date yet.  So on Tuesday, we just asked her when she felt comfortable with it.  We handed her our phone to look at the calender and she said, "I've always liked the number two."  At first we assumed she meant in January, but then she said "but it's only in five days, can I be ready by then?" 
 
The sweet joy and peace that came over us when we heard her say that made me want to be a missionary forever.  Even thought I left that area on Wednesday (more to come on that) I was able to go back for her baptism.  Only Karina was baptized (Pablo is still taking his time) but she knows without a doubt that this is what God wants for her. 
 
Karina's baptism just reaffirmed to me how much Heavenly Father loves us.  He wants everyone of us to return with him and to do so, we need to be baptized by His authority into His Church.  Karina had made that step and now I get to be part of this great change in her life.     
 

 
My new companion is Elder Rasmussen from Liberty, Missouri.  He's been out about a year and a half, which feels weird because its the first time since May that I have a companion who has more time on his mission than me. 
 
We're serving in Layton, UT now which feels weird because it's the first time I'm outside of Salt Lake City for more than a year.  We're part of the Layton 3rd Ward. 
 
On Saturday, Elder Rasmussen introduced me to one of the people they are currently teaching.  Her name is Lynette and she is going to college right now. Her best friend, Ari, is a member of our congregation but growing up they never talked too much about religion (from what I understand).  Lynette knew that Ari was a Mormon and they had talked about it a little but not too much. 
 
But Ari decided to introduce the missionaries to Lynette and she agreed to meet so she could learn a little more.  Lynette agreed because she was curious about her friend's religion.  More to come later...
 
Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton
 
ps. If you haven't been to Mormon.org/Christmas you should check it out.  It might help you or your friends remember more about Christmas and less about the glitter and gadgets that come out in December 

No comments:

Post a Comment