Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, May 6, 2013

"Mawage is Wot Bwings Us Togeder Tooday" -The Princess Bride


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
We all officially know where my priorities are.  My little brother Kevin has had quite a few shout-outs recently about lacrosse and school (ps....HE'S ALL-AMERICAN FOR TWO YEARS IN A ROW NOW).  But my older brother, Jared, on the other hand hasn't had any for his big news.
A few years from now, Kevin will be fat and no one will ever have guessed that he was good at lacrosse.  Marriages, on the other hand, are the type of thing that last and don't get forgotten (theoretically).  

Which brings me back to my first point: I think my priorities are a little reversed considering Jared was engaged a few weeks ago and I forgot to mention that (it was a bit of an embarrassing moment to notice that as I was writing my letter today).  So without further Adieu (spelling?).....JARED IS ENGAGED TO EDEN (thankfully I met her before my mission so I don't have to sneak away to interview her).  Plus she passes the Mom test with flying colors and that is all that really matters.  And the cool part for me: they are getting married in the Salt Lake Temple in August so hopefully I'll be able to go.  Take that all you people who serve in cool places like Brazil or Taiwan....I get to go to my brothers wedding still.

And speaking of getting married in the Temple: Marcos was baptized this past weekend.  He has been married to a member of our Church for about 3 years and she has been teaching him the restored gospel of Jesucristo (Spanish for Jesus Christ) that whole time.  (Unfortunately not all of their family members are supportive and have stopped talking to him and banned their children from doing the same).  But Marcos couldn't be more incredible.  He and his wife want to be sealed in the Temple (one of the main reasons he was baptized in the first place) so that there isn't of the "til death do you part" business.  Everyone deserves to be with the ones they love forever. And being married in a Temple by someone with the proper authority from God is the only way that is possible.  So now Marcos is well on that track (see picture below).  
ps. who says Hispanics can't smile :)

Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment