Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Visit, a Side Note, and a Favor


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
Well one of the greatest parts of serving in a small mission is that word gets around quickly and it's fairly easy to visit old areas (my new area is a 5 minute drive from my first area of my mission).  I went on a drive with one of the missionaries serving over there (Elder Curbelo) and I showed him the people who I remembered teaching who he can visit.  On the back end, I convinced him to let me visit one of the families who I had taught (though only the mom and daughter were baptized).  The Mom's name is Eugenia and the daughter's name was Dona (she was actually baptized a few months before I made it to Salt Lake).  When we got there, Elder Curbelo realized it was the house of a family who he was already teaching.  Their oldest daughter had just been baptized a few days earlier.  And now the son is going to be baptized in a few weeks.  (More info and pictures in the future).  Way cool.
And on a side note: at the end of June, our mission will be splitting into two new missions, the Salt Lake City Mission and the Salt Lake City East Mission.  We will be getting a new mission office for anyone who stays part of the Salt Lake City Mission (which is what I am currently a part of).  I would recommend not sending any letters after June 15th or so because it may never get to me.  Once the mission splits then I'll have a new address to get you.  So if you plan on sending any letters then I would recommend sending it between now and June 15th. 

And now a favor: One of the other cool parts about serving in Salt Lake is that we have the Salt Lake City Temple and many other incredible and historic sites within walking distance (I can actually see the Temple, the Church Administration Building, and the Conference Center from where I'm sitting right now).  So if anyone has any connections so that we could do any cool tours of anywhere down here (especially the Temple) then it would be most appreciated and remembered forever.  What I am basically trying to do is call in any favors I have with anyone who knows anyone in Salt Lake.  :)  But remember, it will be very appreciated and you might even get a thank you note (and anyone who has written me knows that I am not the best writer/responder in the world).     

Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment