Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Hunger to Learn

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

This coming Wednesday we have transfers so I would probably not send any mail my way for the next week or so until I find out if I stay here or can give you my new address.  

Last Sunday, a local nurse who served a mission in El Salvador brought her friend (whose name is Salvador) to church with her, and he loved it.  We set up a lesson for the next day.  At the end of the lesson he asked if we could meet again the next day.  At the end of that lesson he asked the same thing.  He literally wants to meet with us everyday.  

I don't know if in my entire mission I have seen someone with such a hunger to learn.  He grew up Catholic in Mexico but while he was there he converted to a Christian Church.  His family nearly disowned him for the choice and he lost nearly all his friends.  Two years ago he came here to Utah and met with missionaries a few times but never was super interested.  Then he met Kali (the nurse) and asked her "why are missionaries already trying to baptize me when I've already been baptized in another church?"  Now he gets it.  His family will probably be upset all over again, but he feels its right.  He is planning to be baptized on August 17th.

Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment