Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I am in Heaven!

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
Well I have finally left the white people areas of our mission and headed back into the places I love.  My new area is in Glendale (for anyone familiar with Utah, I live a block from the Seven Peaks that is in Southern Glendale).  Our area feels like it is pure Tongans and Hispanics.  I am in Heaven.
My new address is: 
1046 W 1700 S
 Salt Lake City, UT 84104

I have two new companions: Elder Morgan, from Springville, Utah, and Elder Shepard, from Fresno, California.  They are both waiting for their visas to serve missions in Argentina.  Elder Shepard is brand new and Elder Morgan has been out for six months.  We're are having so much fun. In just this past week we have met and talked with more Hispanics than I think my last three months combined.  I cannot explain how excited I am.  I think I will probably end my mission here.
On another note, MY SISTER IS ENGAGED.  Trent Hazy has made the decision to finally be part of the Colton clan.  If only he knew what he was getting into.  And next week Eden is marrying Jared!
We met a new family this past week who we are excited for.  They live in a largish house (for Glendale) and have four or so different families that live there.  We've met some of them individually outside and they said they would talk it over as a family if they want to take this path. There are at least 10 people of baptismal age who live there.  Please pray for Maria, Rogelio, and Leonardo (the ones we have met so far).   

Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment