Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, November 11, 2013

College Rivalries


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

So jokes on you.  I moved again.  My new address is:

689 N Adamswood Drive

Layton, UT 84040

So this past week, I had the pleasure of seeing on of my friends from BYU who just arrived as a new missionary in our mission, Sister Lauren Holbrook.  I've been able to see her a few times and she told me something important: "You show absolutely no excitement in your letters," which was a polite way of saying "your letters are boring".  So...my goal for the next two months will be to spice them up a little.  It'll be difficult because I am me after all, but its worth the try.    

Maybe this is worth something: I'm now serving in a trio again and one of my companions is from Tahiti (how's that for excitement...eh?).  His name is Elder Souday and even though hes almost brand new (two weeks) he is one of the best missionaries I've ever been around.  Not to mention he is giant.  We were moving weights and chairs in our last house and he started curling the 50s like they were nothing.

One of the hardest things over these past few weeks has been finding new people to teach.  The entire area that we cover now is about the size of my neighborhood back home (just a few hundred houses) plus two small apartment complexes (with 50 or apartments total) and two small condo complexes (totaling 30 or so).  We only cover three wards (which is the second smallest in our mission in english), and the other area that small is in Rose Park, which is a whole lot different then Layton (think downtown Atlanta vs. Johns Creek).  We're still teaching a lot of people but its hard to find new ones.    

Sometimes we do fun things as missionaries.  One of the families who we know are University of Utah fans.  And they aren't just any U of U fans, they are extreme.  Season ticket holders, a giant U on their roof, and continuous U of U apparel.

We as missionaries help people make changes in their lives that will make them happier.  This was one of those times...


The house on the right is one family (the U of U fans).  The house on the left is another family who we are close friends with (he is the high counselor over missionary work in the stake).  A local member and we built the "B" and "Y" and put it on the high counselors home.  Now every time the "U" gets lite up, the "BY" go right with it.  Missionaries...always willing to help.

Love ya'll,

-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment