Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Monday, October 21, 2013

"That is Exactly How Missionary Work Should Be"


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

I am going to be in heaven for another 6 weeks :)  Last night we found out transfer information and I get to stay here in East Layton for at least another six weeks. And as if that wouldn't be awesome enough, it will be with Elder Thevenin again.  By the time we end our missions, we'll have spent a quarter of our two years together.  Woohoo.
 
Life has been going great up here.  Last night we had a lesson with the family that I wrote about last week.  Both of the girls that haven't been baptized decided that want to be baptized on November 9th.  Their dad is going to baptize them and their grandfather will confirm them.  The whole family is coming to church and they seem to be loving it.  Next week I think I'll write a little bit about how I personally feel about baptism.

We're teaching a ton of people and more people seem to come out of nowhere everyday (which has been far from the norm on my mission).  I've loved my mission like nothing else, but I would be lying if I didn't say that it is so much easier when we're teaching a lot of people.  We're teaching people who aren't actively going to church as much as we are teaching people who aren't members of our church, which has made me realize that that is exactly how missionary work should be.

Love ya'll,

-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment