Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
My companion and I changed houses this past week so our new address is:
Elder Brandon Colton
1262 N 1450 E
Layton, UT 84040
We're living in the basement of a family from our church and they are legit. If you already sent letters don't worry about it. I can still go back to my old house and pick them up when they get there.
This past weekend was a little bit interesting. Here's a summary...
1. Seeing Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Julie. Thank goodness for all those "law and religion symposium" signs which led me right to them as we left the Sunday morning session.
2. Got caught in the middle of a family fight. Imagine a dad and his adult son arguing with another 20 family members with their heads down trying to be invisible. Not pleasant.
3. Helped a 12 year old girl be baptized after her waiting for 4 years (her mom wouldn't let her before that). She basically taught us the missionary lessons rather than vice-versa. Doesn't look like the mom understood the doctrine of 8 years old as the age of accountability.
4. Watching the Sunday morning session of conference from seats very, very close to the pulpit.
5. Watching the Sunday afternoon session with one of the families we're teaching and another family from our church.
6. Listen to President Monson chastise the world for either not home-teaching, or home-teaching the wrong way, and then listening to members talk about it and not realize they were just told by a Prophet of God that they need to repent.
7. Realizing that in one year, none of the Colton kids will be teenagers (sorry Mom).
8. Realizing that in two weeks, I'll start my last full transfer as a missionary. That freaks me out.