Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Best Two Years

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

As missionaries we live to help people live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We are not perfect at it (for which many call us hypocrites), but for two years I can say I have given it my all.  Next week's letter will be hard to write, but this week's isn't much easier.  At this point I don't even know what to say.  Two years goes by so fast that when the end comes it doesn't feel real.  Perhaps it will be when I see my family that it finally hits me.  Perhaps when I step foot on BYU's campus.  Maybe it never really will.  All I can say is that these two years have meant everything to me.  To try and put into words what it has done for me isn't possible (though its certainly a bit easier now that I'm speaking English for a majority of that day again).

Utah has become a place special to me.  Ironic.  When I go home I will leave a part of my heart here.  Two years does something to you.  Or perhaps it's two years serving people and God.  Whatever it is, it has meant a lot to me.  People always say that nothing in sports compares with high school.  Hopefully its not that way when it comes to serving God after a mission.  

This week we continued teaching Awasio, our friend from Turk (a small island near Guam).  The man is simply incredible.  We ask him questions about life and God, and the answers come so profoundly back to us.  The Gospel is something already in him, as if we don't need to teacher, but rather remind him that he already knows.  He is going to be baptized this week.  It will be special.  

Love ya'll,
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment