Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Final Letter from the MTC

Hola mis amigos y mi familia
 
Greetings from the MTC for the final time.  On Wednesday I pack up and take the whooping hour  bus ride to Salt Lake City.  I leave early in the morning and am going to have breakfast at the mission home in Salt Lake City.   So Salt Lake City here I come.  I don't know what day with be my P-day so I don't know when I'll be writing next week.  And on that note, don't send any packages or letters that won't get here before Tuesday or else I'll probably not get them.
 
And speaking of packages, I want to give a shout out to the world's greatest cousin Mauri Brewer and her kids.  (This is not meant to lessen my appreciation for those others who have sent letters and packages...I really do appreciate all of those).  But, when you combine a half dozen boxes of girl scout cookies with drawings from Katelyn (my 8 year old cousin who is the coolest little girl on the planet) and me holding hands, it suddenly blows away any other gifts.
 
Many of you have asked when we will be performing our song: "Praise to the Man."  And the answer: it looks like we've fallen through the cracks.  We were told we would receive an invitation in the mail a few days before we would perform, and seeing as Sunday is our last chance and we still haven't received a letter, it looks like it's not going to happen.  Kind of a bummer because we practiced a lot and were really excited, but at least I won't have to face my fear of playing piano in front of more than 3 people.  There is still a slight chance we will on Sunday, but it would surprise all of us at this point. 
 
Last night Elder Buchmiller and I had a very cool experience.   The night that missionaries come into the MTC (Wednesday) they go through a  "lesson" where two missionaries who have been in the MTC a few weeks start teaching someone (almost always someone who is a member but acting as someone else).  After the first ten minutes or so, the two missionaries leave and then the 30 or so missionaries in the room continue trying to teach.  It always ends up being a very special experience because it's most of the missionaries first time every being part of a lesson.  Elder Buchmiller and I were two of the missionaries who started the lessons.  We accidently started talking in spanish during one of them (opps) but it went well aside from that.
 
Love you all
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment