Elder Colton

Elder Colton

Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Piano is important"

Hola mi familia y mis amigos
 
Greetings from the MTC.  Despite what most people say, it's a great place to be.  We had a new district move into our zone this week again.  So right now the district I'm in has as much time in the MTC than all three of the other districts in our zone combined.  (We have 8 weeks, the others districts have 4, 2, and 1).  It's a little odd to be the "oldest" district now (after one left on Tuesday).  And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, a district is made up of 6 to 12 missionaries (in the MTC at least, I think out in missions it's fairly similar also) and a zone is made up of 3-6 districts (once again, that is how it is in the MTC, I'm not sure about in missions). 
 
Some of you might have heard that the Salt Lake City Mission has been changed and that they are adding one or two new missions to Salt Lake City.  I don't know many details at all other than the mission boundaries won't change until July.  So I'll still be reporting to my assigned mission (Salt Lake City Utah) but that could change in July. 
 
And speaking of my mission, today we received our travel plans (which I think excited my district member's more than me, considering my consists of an hour bus ride).  I leave the MTC on Wednesday, January 21st in the evening.
 
So for those of you who know my older brother Jared, you may or may not remember he had an obnoxious habit of talking about piano a lot while he was on his mission in his letters home.  Something which annoyed the 16 year old me immensely.  We (meaning Meredith and somewhat Keviv) even threatened to go on strike with writing him letters if he kept talking about piano in his letters home.  He didn't.  Whether that shows he didn't care about our letters, or whether he knew Mom would ensure we still wrote them, I don't know.  But I will make this a public announcement (or semi public) so I only have to do it once more. Jared was right. I was wrong. Piano is important on a mission. Happy? (But on that note, butterflies are not important still) :)
 
Hasta Luego
-Elder Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment